Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A New Perspective

I had a hard time falling asleep last night. My mind was racing and after tossing and turning for quite a while I got out of bed. I wandered to Bella's room. I poked my head in the door to check on her and realized she had kicked off all of her covers. While tucking her in again, I couldn't resist picking her up and cradling her. As She snuggled her head into my shoulder and molded her body against mine, I could feel the stresses drain away. Not wanting the feeling to end, I brought her back to our bed and cuddled her all night long.

As difficult as it is sometimes to parent her, especially these days with tantrums galore, I am forever thankful to have her. I can't imagine one single day without her. She is my heart.

3 comments:

Katie said...

So...you're not giving her to us? Dang it. I'll quit getting all the cute pink stuff. Crap.

Erin said...

sigh ... this is just perfect. Thanks, Sharon.

R. Sutphin said...

Oh Sharon

That post just brought tears to my eyes. Just so sweet.

There is nothing more precious than that snuggle time when they are sleeping.

Regina